Saturday 13 January 2007

What others have said about BETT 2007


Fortunately there have been a few other bloggers at BETT so here are some of their views and links.


John Connell

I was only in the exhibition at the massive BETT Show for a very short time today, but ........ more

Andy Watson

The hot product this year is the Virtual Learning Environment with several companies offering competing technologies. Whatever the weaknesses of Glow, at least in Scotland we will have one system and will be able to share across the country. Without some strong guidance from Becta, England’s schools will become isolated within propriatory systems........ more

Theo Kuechel - Digital Signposts

One of the highlights, of the show, for me, has been meeting Steve Powter and the students of Castle Manor Business & Enterprise College in Suffolk; on the Centerprise stand. The students are carrying out live research, interviewing visitors to the stand about their views on social software. I was really excited to be able to to take part, and I look forward to reading their findings. This is indeed a timely piece of work as it comes hot on the heels of two major pieces of research on students online spaces from Pew Internet in the US and the DEMOS report, released yesterday......more

Derek Robertson

A few weeks ago I watched the Gadget Show on Channel 5 (The only show I watch on the that channel) and I saw a robot challenge. The presenters had series of challenges that three different robots had to carry out. It was really interesting to see what could be done with the robots that are commercially available now but I was really quite captivated by the LEGO competitor on the show.

The first stand that I visited today was the LEGO one and I met a Physics teacher who told me how he had developed a programme that allowed LEGO to be used throughout his school. I must say that t looks rather exciting......more
And no doubt there are many more.

No comments: